EE Job Listserv
If you are a current Penn State EE student OR PENN STATE ALUMNUS and want to receive emails for job announcements (permanent, internship, co-op, part-time), you can join the EEJOB listserv by following this link: EE Job Listserv signup.
Undergraduate and graduate students seeking permanent employment should register with the Penn State Career Services Center. Many companies recruit through this office, which also runs career fairs in both the fall and spring semesters. This office also provides a number of other services such as resume review and mock interviews. In addition, an on-line version of the 2010/2011 Graduate Student Career Guide is available.
You should also register with the Engineering Career Resources Office. Although this office primarily deals with co-op and internship opportunites, it ocassionally has information about permanent positions as well.
In addition, if you are a current Penn State EE student OR PENN STATE EE ALUMNUS and want to receive e-mails for all job announcements (permanent, internship, co-op, part-time), you can join the EEJOB listserv by following this link: EE Job Listserv signup.
Summer Internships and Co-op Positions
Undergraduate and graduate students seeking summer employment and/or co-op positions should register with the Engineering Career Resources Office. This office is dedicated to assisting engineering students with finding co-op and internship opportunities.
In addition, if you are a current Penn State EE student OR PENN STATE EE ALUMNUS and want to receive emails for job announcements (permanent, internship, co-op, part-time), you can join the EEJOB listserv by following this link: EE Job Listserv signup.
Part Time EE Departmental Jobs
- Course Graders: EE 200, EE 310, EE 311, EE 320, EE 351, EE 360, EE 387, EE 424, EE, 430, EE 472, EE 487, EE 488.
- Lab Assistants: EE 210, EE 310
- Stockroom Attendant
- Computer Lab Operator
- Department Helpers (must have work study grant from the Office of Student Aid)
- Grader or Lab Assistant – undergrad $9.50, grad $11.00
- Stockroom Attendant, Computer Lab Operator, Department Helper - $9.50
The application process consists of 2 steps, outlined below.
1) Submit an application for each job title (Grader, Lab Assistant, Stockroom Attendant, etc.) that you are applying for by going to http://psu.jobs/.
- Enter the appropriate job number (see below) in the Keywords box and press "Search for Jobs".
- EE’s Spring semester jobs are titled:
- Lab Assistant – 61005
- Grader – 61004
- PC Lab Operator – 61008
- Stockroom Attendant – 61007
- Department Helper (Wage Payroll) – 61006
- Click to apply online and upload a resume and cover letter.
- NOTE: DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION PER JOB TITLE, EVEN IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR MULTIPLE JOBS WITHIN A PARTICULAR CATEGORY.
2) Once you have submitted the job application(s), you need to submit a secondary application to the EE department. Click here to access this secondary application. You may have difficulty viewing and submitting this form in Firefox. It is suggested that you use Internet Explorer or Chrome. If the Submit button does not bring up your mail tool to submit the form, you should save the form to your computer and email it to EEWagePayroll@engr.psu.edu to finish the application process.
You will be notified by e-mail if you are selected.